ABOUT PROJECT ZAMBI
PROJECT ZAMBI was started by Hasbro to help provide funds for programs that care for children who have been orphaned by AIDS in Africa.
In supporting PROJECT ZAMBI, kids everywhere can show they care for these children. Even from the other side of the world, children in Africa can know they have friends who care about them.
PROJECT ZAMBI provides financial support for the programs that care for AIDS orphans and encourages kids in the U.S. and abroad to get involved with efforts to help these children in need.
PROJECT ZAMBI gives parents tips and advice on how to talk to children about the importance of giving back and provides kids with a positive way to unite around a global issue.
For more information about PROJECT ZAMBI please visit the Web site by clicking here.
In sub-Saharan Africa and around the world, nearly 15 million children under the age of 17 have lost one or both parents to HIV. In addition to the trauma of losing one or both parents, these children become increasingly vulnerable to a declining standard of living.
Hasbro's PROJECT ZAMBI was created to raise awareness and funds for the care and support of these children.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
HOW HASBRO IS MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Hasbro, Inc. is a company with a long tradition of supporting programs that benefit children around the world. For the past four years, Hasbro has been providing support to children in Zambia with funding for schools, teachers and supply transportation. A group of Hasbro employees, moved by the plight of these children, came up with the idea for PROJECT ZAMBI, a global initiative dedicated to raising awareness of the estimated 15 million children in Africa and around the world who have been orphaned by the AIDS epidemic.
Hasbro established the PROJECT ZAMBI Fund within the Hasbro Children’s Fund to support programs that provide for the care and comfort of these orphaned children.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The idea for PROJECT ZAMBI came from a small group of Hasbro, Inc. employees who were so moved by the plight of children orphaned by AIDS in Africa that they decided to devote themselves to this cause. These individuals rallied their coworkers, gathered support and came up with the idea for PROJECT ZAMBI.
Their story is a wonderful example of how much can be accomplished when people are committed to caring for others. But even one person can create powerful change with dedication, enthusiasm and support from friends and family.
PROJECT ZAMBI asks you to show your support and join us on our journey to help provide care and comfort for children who have been orphaned by AIDS in Africa.
- Share your excitement for PROJECT ZAMBI and encourage friends and family to support PROJECT ZAMBI too
- Write a letter to your local congressional representative and senators telling them about PROJECT ZAMBI and asking them to support aid for children orphaned by AIDS in Africa
- Talk with your parents and friends about more ways you can help.
For Parents, Teachers and Caregivers:
PROJECT ZAMBI focuses on sharing a message of hope and encouraging children all over the world to care for one another. It is also a global initiative dedicated to supporting organizations that work directly for the care and comfort of children who have been orphaned by the AIDS epidemic in Africa. We understand that talking with children about PROJECT ZAMBI may prompt questions and discussions about tough issues like illness and loss, so please visit the “Message to Parents” section of this Web site for guidance on talking with children about AIDS.
- Learn more about the AIDS orphan crisis in Africa and around the world at the following Web sites:
- Display a map of Africa at home or in the classroom and talk about the lives of the many children who live there
- Look for books, music and games with African themes or African origins and introduce them to children
- Encourage children to write letters to their local government representatives asking them to support aid for children orphaned by AIDS in Africa
- Support the PROJECT ZAMBI Fund, an initiative of the Hasbro Children’s Fund which supports children orphaned by AIDS in Africa, with a donation by clicking here
Please tell us what you’re doing to support PROJECT ZAMBI! You can send your stories to us at:
Hasbro Children’s Fund/Project Zambi
1027 Newport Ave.
Pawtucket, RI 02862
Or email us at